After a busy weekend at Otakon and in recovery mode, I decided to do an art test. I have some acrylic ink / liquid watercolor... did some drawings using india ink...
I'm happy with the drawings themselves, as always, but I am not happy with the ink. I mean... they look OKAY in a basic sort of solid color way, but they just seem kind of boring to me compared to the gradients and patterns in my usual art cards.
Combine that with how long they took to make, and... meh, I think these are less satisfying overall compared to the equivalent activity of making ten SETS of digital cards.
Anyway, here they are. Click each for a larger view.
As you can see on that last one, I also tried a more "watercolor" approach, but... eh... I think paint and Jen will just never get along.
I'm a digital gal; I need to focus on that, methinks. So, I'll probably use these designs to make editions of 12 with digital colors, as before.